Low fat Banana muffins



Adrienne over at A Big Mouthful posted a really tasty looking recipe for banana bread...I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand to make her recipe, so I went for some low-fat banana muffins. I found this recipe on CalorieCount.about.com but that website states the recipe is from All Recipes . Either way...these were light and delicious and airy...and only 75 calories per muffin!

1 cup of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 sea salt
approx 1 cup bananas, mashed (I used 2 since that is all I had)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup applesauce (I always have applesauce on hand...love it!)
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin cups w/ paper liners.

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In separate bowl, beat together banana, sugar, egg and vanilla. Stir in the applesauce and vanilla. Stir banana mixture into flour until just combined. Scoop into muffin liners.

Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.

Comments

Popular Posts