Zen through Zucchini


I could have sworn my mom's Zucchini Bread recipe had a chocolate base? Maybe that is Chocolate Zucchini Cake...which incidently I will be making in a few weeks. Anyway, with fall in our sights, I started to have visions of zucchini bread. The zucchini adds a wonderful moisture to your average quick bread recipe. I found a 3-5 lb zucchini at the Torrance Farmer's Market and lovingly assembled my mom's recipe. Note that the actual recipe said 3 "medium" size zucchini....the size is irrelvant as long as you can get 2 cups of grated and drained zucchini out of it. The recipe makes 2 nice sized loaves.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 cup oil (as usual, I used apple sauce)
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 cups grated and drained zucchini
2 ts[ vanilla
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
3 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 cup raisins and 1 cup chopped walnuts

Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in oil, zucchini and vanilla. Sift flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt onto wax paper. Stir in egg mixture until blended. Stir in raisins and nuts.

Bake in well greased (I sprayed with olive oil spray) loaf pans at 375 degrees for 1 hr. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.

Comments

Popular Posts