Super Easy Key Lime Soup!

Many people confuse condensed milk and evaporated milk...or maybe that is just what I tell myself since I seem to do it about once a year.  Anyway, I needed evaporate milk for something but ended up  buying a few cans of condensed milk instead.   So, I started looking around for some good condensed milk recipes and found this Easy Key Lime Pie recipe on Cooks.com.   Who doesn't love Key Lime pie?  It's extremely refreshing!    While the recipe did live up to it's "easy" descriptor,  the "pie" (and I use that term lightly) really doesn't stay together at all.    It's super tasty, but a bit of droopy mess and a little hard to serve.  Next time, I might try mixing some Cool Whip into the pie mixture before pouring it into the crust....

Easy Key Lime Pie
1 graham cracker crust
1 - 14 oz can Carnation condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice (I used Whole Food organic lime juice)
2 cups Cool Whip (I love Cool Whip)

Mix milk and lime juice until combined.  Pour into pie crust.  Chill until set.   Top with Cool Whip when serving. 

Comments

Popular Posts