Eat oats if you want to live


Oats are good for the heart, so why not some oatmeal cookies to celebrate Valentine's Day?  I can't remember where I got this Trailside Oatmeal Cookie recipe from.   I think someone gave it to my mom. However, my mom is not big on peanut butter, so she rarely made these. I on the other hand, love peanut butter, so these are perfect for me.    As noted below, the recipe actually calls for 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chocolate chips, but I think that just results in too many disparate flavors.   It's a hearty, not overly sweet cookie...enjoy.


Trailside Oatmeal Cookies
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used natural, chunky)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk (I used fat free organic)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/3 cups of quick oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (the recipe actually states 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup chocolate chips, but I like to go all chocolate)

Cream butter and peanut butter.  Add granulated sugar and brown sugar.  Beat until creamy.In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.  Add milk, eggs and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture.   Mix in flour mixture.  Stir in oats, stir in chocolate chips.    Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. 

Comments

Popular Posts