Makin' lemonade out of lemons

....or cake balls out of cupcakes if you want to be literal.

A few of my chocolate coconut cupcakes were not perfect....shocking, I know. Not one to waste food, I mashed up the imperfect cakes, mixed the cake crumbs with some frosting and threw the concoction in the freezer. About an hour later, I took the mess out and rolled it into 1 inch balls...back into the freezer for about another hour.

I melted/tempered some Scharffen Berger dark chocolate and then dipped the cake balls into the chocolate. Since the balls were in the freezer, the chocolate hardened up almost immediately.

While tasty, these were a little wetter on the inside than I had intended. I think will use a little less frosting in the ball mixture next time....but still a better thing to do with your less than stellar cupcakes than trashing them!

Comments

Popular Posts