Back to the grind....





Happy New Year! Although it's been a while since I last posted, it doesn't mean I haven't been baking! As you can see from the pictures, there was much interest and applause for my creations! The holidays...hell, I don't need to be politically correct here...CHRISTMAS brings with it that annual tradition of baking cookies to give to friends and relatives. I have no idea where the tradition started but I am glad it exists! Christmas also brings with it the tradition of packing too many activities into your life at one time not allowing anytime for blogging about your baking...







The cookies my mom traditionally makes at Christmastime are:
Snickerdoodles
Chocolate Chip
Almond Crescents
I have covered Chocolate Chip cookies to death already, but I will post Almond Crescents and her Snickerdoodle recipes in a few weeks.

As for myself, I really don't have a set list of cookies that I consistently make year after year for the holidays. I like to switch it up and experient...although my list doesn't really look that experimental does it? Here was my Christmas 2008's lineup:
Chocolate cookies with chocolate and white chips
Chocolate Chip
New Mexico Biscochos
Spritz cookies
Orange cutouts

I will be posting the recipes for each of these shortly...Also, I will be resuming my Cookies A through Z effort in 2009. I am STILL on the letter H (think "hazelnut"...) but it is going to happen and I am going to finish the whole alphabet this year. Other baking goals for this year include retrying the flourless chocolate cake and making more pies. Anyhoo....Happy New Year and happy baking!

Comments

Popular Posts