88 bottles of beer on the wall...




My grandmom turned 88 this month, so I made her some sugar cookies to help keep her sweet ;) I used the same recipe that I had used for the heart cut outs but switched it up on the shapes. The rockets were heartiest of the cookies (i.e., no breakage while handling) although the palm trees were pretty cool looking. The cut out for the Pac-Man ghosts is actually a fondant cutter to make tulips...but since this is not a cake I can draw a stem on, they had to stand alone. Once I started decorating, it struck me that they looked like the Pac-Man ghosts.

The rolled out and decorated cookies always look nice when complete, but be prepared for a multi-day commitment. Let the cookies cool overnight before decorating. Once decorated, they must sit overnight again to ensure the icing is completely dry. Victor helped me with the decorating; he did a particularly super job on the rockets.

Comments

Popular Posts