Mexican Wedding Cookies

I had been wanting to make Mexican Wedding cookies since I read about them in The Cookie and Biscuit Bible. I was going to make these for the letter M in my A-Z cookie quest, but at the rate I am going, who knows when I will get to M. I am so easily distracted....

Recipe adapted from The Cookie and Biscuit Bible, p. 146. As stated in a previous post, the original recipe calls for rolling the cookies into balls...I pressed them into the pan and cut them into squares since my dough was pretty dry.

1 cup of butter, room temp
1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cups flour
dash of salt
1 1/4 cups of pecan chopped

1. Cream butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add in 1 cup of sugar and vanilla (put remaining 1/2 cup of sugar in bowl and set aside).
3. Throw in your dash of salt.
4. Slowly beat in flour, a little at a time. Make sure well mixed...it will start to form a dough.
5. Finally, add in the chopped peacans and any remaining flour. Knead dough until combined.
6. Press dough into an ungreased cookie or jelly roll pan.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes (cookies should be slightly browned).
8. Remove from oven and gently cut into squares. Allow to cool about 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
9. Remove cookies and drop into a bowl with the remaining confectioner's sugar.

Comments

Popular Posts