Peanut Butter Kisses

The holiday season always feels busy and rushed, but for some reason, this year more so for me. It shouldn't have been since me and the hubby were not travelling anywhere for the holidays and all wedding stuff was basically done except for the thank cards. Perhaps, it was that after 10 months of wedding planning, I simply lacked the energy to deal with all normal holiday rituals like baking. Although I read Bon Appetite, Cook's Illustrated and various food blogs, I still tend to gravitate towards simple comfort foods that remind me of my youth. Peanut Butter Kiss cookies fall into that "comfort" category for me. They were not a cookie that my mom made (she's not a huge fan of peanut butter) but they were a common choice by others in our neighborhood. I found this recipe on Cooks. As soon as I saw the directions were only 3 lines long, I was sold! The main issue I have heard from folks over the years on these cookies is the difficulty in keeping the Hershey Kiss on the top of the cookie while eating it....but seriously...how big of a deal is that?


1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine ingredients. Roll into balls, roll balls in sugar. Bake on cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Top with chocolate Kiss immediately upon removal from oven.

Comments

Popular Posts