Easy BBQ chicken for the grill-less crowd


This great Spicy Cilantro BBQ chicken (on the stovetop) is based on a recipe I found for grilled pork on the Kraft Foods website. We don't have a grill, I didn't have any Kraft BBQ sauce, pork chops or jalapeno peppers BUT I did have a pan, chicken, Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ sauce (good stuff by the way), and a serrano pepper. To be honest, this is how most of the dinners I make get started: I start thinking about a particular dish, look for a recipe and then alter it to work with what I already have in the house. We live in LA, so a "quick trip to the store" to pick up ingredients is typically out of the question...we make do with what we have.

Anyway, so given the big summer kick off of Memorial Day, I made this Spicy Cilantro BBQ Chicken which was quite tasty.

1/2 cup spicy BBQ sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 serrano pepper, seeded, finely chopped
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 large chicken breast chopped into strips or bite sized pieces

Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl. Cook chicken thoroughly in skillet. When chicken is fully cooked, add sauce mixture. Cook over low heat for a few minutes until the sauce is hot and desired thickness is achieved.

I served with baked potatoes and corn on the cobb.

Comments

Popular Posts